This is a full-color RGB LED matrix driver shield. It functions just like the Colorduino, though simplified, except that it does not support cascading. The code of the two is completely compatible. Just plug the module onto an Uno board (Arduino, SunFounder, or other compatibles) for use. DM163 is used as the driver chip on the driver shield.
You can just plug the 8×8 RGB LED dot matrix screen on the shield for use. It supports the display of all the three primary colors, namely, red, green, and blue, either separately or in a mixed way, and can flash at most 256 x 256 x 256 = 16,777,216 colors display.
For more information, refer to http://wiki.sunfounder.cc/index.php?title=Full_Color_RGB_LED_Matrix_Driver_Shield_%2B_RGB_Matrix_Screen
The shield only supports a common-anode LED dot matrix screen.
The shield itself does not support any functions; it needs to be plugged onto an Uno board for normal use.
- A simplified version of Colordruino: functions just like the Colorduino, except that it’s not supporting cascading; code completely compatible. Just plug the module onto a Uno board (Arduino, SunFounder, or other compatibles) for use.
- Use DM163 as the driver chip on the driver shield; just plug the 8×8 LED dot matrix screen on the shield for use; support at most 256 x 256 x 256 = 16,777,216 colors.
- Support power supply by SunFoundear/Arduino/other compatible Uno board or an external independent source
- Display characters of a normal format and also contra-rotating 90 degrees
- Support display of both the three primary colors, red, green, blue, separately and their mixed colors.
- Working current: ≤300mA; operating temperature range: -10℃～＋50℃.
- Working voltage: 5V DC; PCB size: 6.0 x 6.0 cm.
- RGB dot matrix screen x 1
- RGB Dot Matrix Driver Shield x 1